Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hello Baltimore!

So I received a very, very important phone call on the morning of August 31, 2010. My little brother, Brandon, called me and I thought it was just to catch up! Well that phone call ended with me in tears and beyond proud! Brandon received his first official call up to the Baltimore Orioles - he is now a Major League baseball player! Wow, just wow! Just crazy, right? I am still in shock - I knew this day would come eventually after all his hard work and dedication. I just wasn't expecting it that day, that call! I am so incredibly proud of him, happy for him, etc. A bunch of family and close friends went out to his first official game on September 1, 2010. Over the course of the weekend we all tried to get to as many games as we could! My mom, dad and Lindsey trekked it to every single game! We had family from Charlotte come up too! He hasn't officially played in a game yet, but his time is coming! He is just loving soaking it all in and learning as much as possible! As of now, he is #58 (29x2)!

Brandon - Congratulations! Words can't describe how proud I am of you! I know you have worked very hard and had some ups and downs over the past couple of years! But you never gave up and kept on pushing forward! Never doubt yourself - you really ARE that good! :) I love you very much! Now - can I just live vicariously through you?


No comments:

Post a Comment